How to import a file into Tettra
Tettra currently supports importing Word Docs, Markdown, and HTML files (.docx, .md, .html).
Step 1. Click + on the upper left corner of the screen to toggle the dropdown menu. Select Import a document as a page.
Step 2. In the modal, drag-and-drop or select a file from your device. This will automatically open a new draft that contains your newly imported content. Most of the formatting in the document (e.g., bold/italic text, images, headers) would carry over into Tettra's formatting. carry over into Tettra's formatting.
Troubleshooting file imports
If you're having trouble importing a file into Tettra, try these tips below:
- Remove any animated GIFs
- Break the file up into smaller files
- Double check the file type to make sure it's supported (.docx, .md, .html)
- If you continue to have problems, please send a report to email@example.com with the file you're trying to import and we'll look into it further
Importing Google Docs and other file types
- Copy and paste the content of your Google Doc into Tettra. We will automatically carry over most of its formatting.
- Embed the Google Doc.
- Add the Google Doc as an external link.
If there are other files that you want to import but are not supported, reach out to us over chat or send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll keep you notified when those particular file types are available for import.