How to request a new page
Page requests allow you assign pages to write to subject matter experts.
Creating page requests to fill gaps in your knowledge base can be done in two steps.
Step 1. Click the add icon in the upper right corner of the screen to toggle the dropdown menu. Select Request a new page.
Step 2. In the New page request form, fill out the five key information needed and click Create page request.
1. What do you want to know?: Here, you need to write the information you need. A good rule of thumb for new page request topics is that if a future teammate may need to access a piece of information or you may even need to revisit it yourself, it's a good idea to document that knowledge.
2. Add more details to your page request (optional): This is where you write the specifics of your question. This will help your team's writers to come up with comprehensive content for your requested page.
3. Choose a category: Here, you need to identify the category of the page you are requesting. Once you've chosen the category and the page is requested, it will show up in the left sidebar as a placeholder alongside your other pages. This is to inform your teammates that a new page is coming soon.
4. When should this request be created?: You can set a page request to be immediately assigned by selecting Now, or you can schedule it for later.
5. Who's the best person to complete this page request?: If you know who the subject-matter expert is on the topic, then assign it directly to that person. The assignee will be notified via Slack and email regarding the page request.
If there is no category owner and you are still stumped, just set the owner to None. The page request will show up in the Content suggestions as unassigned, and someone who knows the best person to answer can reassign it or answer it themselves.
6. Which template should this page use?: You can attach a template to a page request, which will serve as the outline when the assignee starts writing the page. Learn more about templates here.